Terms & Conditions
This rolling agreement is made between the parent/guardian of each student and School Of The Arts (SOTA), and is valid at all times whilst the student is enroled at the school and until such time as written notice (see section 3) is given. By enroling your child at SOTA, you accept the following terms and conditions of enrolment.
1. Termly Fees are due two weeks before the start of term, and must be paid in full for each term in advance. If fees are not paid in advance, the student may be denied tuition at School Of The Arts. A term may be between 10 – 12 weeks in length depending on the location and availability of the venue.
Where a term varies in length the cost of a term’s fees will remain the same.
Where a customer has been granted a weekly payment agreement, a full term’s fees will remain payable even when a term varies in length.
Where a discount is given this will only stand where payment is received, in full, two weeks before the start of term.
We reserve the right to change the amount of classes received in a particular term to accommodate our Dance, and Acting Exam Sessions as it is not possible to run our classes and exam sessions at the same time.
Late Fee Payment Charge: Where an invoice has been issued and payment is not received two weeks before term starts, an administrative charge of £25 may be added to your account. This is because chasing late payments takes up a considerable amount of time. To ensure people who pay promptly do not unfairly have to pay for this – we have introduced the late payment charge so that only late payers have to pay for the time it takes to chase their payment. We feel it is the fairest solution. Please pay promptly.
Where failure to make payment on your account occurs, after reasonable reminders and requests for payment, our policy is to pass the debt to another agency to collect the debt on our behalf and you will incur further collection costs.
2. School Of The Arts aims to provide the services advertised on all Saturdays/Sundays falling within the advertised term dates. We retain the right to change the advertised programme of classes in the event of staff illness or other circumstances beyond our control.
3. Notice, in writing, of one complete half term or 6 weeks (whichever is longer) must be given if leaving the school in order to terminate this agreement. Notice of half a term or 6 weeks (which ever is longer must be given should you wish to change the programme of classes being taken. Even if the student is unable to attend School Of The Arts until the completion of either notice periods, the fees remain due. Failure to provide written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org will mean that your fees for that term will remain due, despite a pupils absence.
4. No refunds can be given for days when the student does not attend or for classes or dates that are cancelled due to events or circumstances beyond our control which includes snow days.
5. Uniform must be worn by all students whenever they attend School Of The Arts. Details of the current uniform can be found at www.sota.uk.com.
6. The parent/guardian gives lifetime permission for School Of The Arts to use images (still and video) of the student in publicity materials on www.sota.uk.com, and on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and in video recordings of our performances on our youtube and Vimeo channels. In exceptional circumstances where the pupil may need to be excluded from publicity materials, this must be put in writing to School Of The Arts to email@example.com.
7. By bringing you child/self to SOTA you understand that there are risks of physical injury associated with the activity of dance and performing arts. As you recognise the risk of injury you knowingly and voluntary waive all rights and causes of any kind, including but not limited to, injury and negligence while attending a SOTA class/event. This includes all SOTA staff, coaches, chaperones, volunteers and any other affiliated entities. You hereby agree to release SOTA and hold SOTA harmless of all liability and you acknowledge that you knowingly and voluntarily assume full responsibility of all physical injury arising out of physical injury arising out of active participation in SOTA activities. You have agreed to this release of liability freely and of you own free will.
8.You understand that the needs of each child vary so decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and depend upon the level of support each individual child may require. We are not able to provide one-to-one support to a child.
We are happy to accommodate a child with specific needs on a paid trial basis and reserve the right to review further bookings.